There is little quite as refreshing and yummy as a homemade Greek salad in the warm summer months. All those fresh veggies paired with olives, feta, and a dressing with Mediterranean flavours is delish!
Unfortunately most of the bottled Greek dressings out there are made with low-quality soybean oils and other ingredients that arent the freshest nor the healthiest. Its SO easy to make your own healthy, delicious homemade salad dressings, and Greek is no exception. Here is my recipe- hope you enjoy!
Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/4 a lemon
- 2 T* raw honey
- 2 T feta cheese
- 1/2 garlic clove, diced very fine (or left whole if you are going to use a blender to mix your dressing as I do)
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/8 t dried thyme
- 1/8 t each salt and fresh ground black pepper (or to taste… I tend to add a little more black pepper)
1. Assemble your ingredients. As I have mentioned here in other salad dressing recipes, I love to do my salad dressings in a wide-mouthed mason jar so that I can use my hand-held blender to blend them. But of course you can do this in any container you wish that will have a lid you can use to seal up your dressing to keep it fresh.
2. Add all of your ingredients to the mason jar…
…enjoying the aroma of each ingredient if you can take the time to do so! Mmm…honey!
3. If you are using the blender, now is the time to do it. You could also use a conventional blender to do this but my fear is you would lose a lot of the dressing along the sides of the blender and it would be difficult to retrieve it. But these hand-held blenders are great. If you don’t have one, just put the lid on the mason jar and shake vigorously.
4. Behold the glory of your creamy, heavenly Greek salad dressing.
5. Toss the dressing with your freshest Greek Salad ingredients: Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, kalamata olives and of course- more feta!
Hope you enjoy this dressing. If you have a recipe for a homemade salad dressing on your blog feel
free to share the link in the comments section here or on my facebook page- I love new recipes and Im sure other readers would enjoy them, too!
Don’t forget to enter my Starbucks and Betty Crocker Give-away, winner being drawn July 12th. As always, it’s a no-strings-attached give-away, just click on the icon below and enter a comment to win!
Proud to be linking up today with Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey Mom Whats for Dinner, Meatless Mondays at Veggie Mamma, Makin’ You Crave Monday at Mrs. Happy Homemaker, The Gathering Spot at Mamal Diane, Melt in Your Mouth Mondays at Make Ahead Meals, Healthy 2day Wednesdays at Authentic Simplicity, Whole Food Wednesdays at This Chick Cooks, Works For Me Wednesdays at We Are That Family,Full Plate Thursdays at Miz Helen’s, Share Your Cup Thursdays at Jann Olson’s, Think Tank Thursdays at Joyful Homemaking.