Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vintage Housewife Ads

vintage ads 

Hello ladies!  I had the privilege of doing a guest post today over at Have a Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson.  If you remember, Mrs. Olson graced us with a lovely post earlier in the week , and now she is allowing me to return the favour.

You know I love me some vintage ads, and you know I love to capture them and use them for this blog.  So I did a whole post on them for Jann’s blog, this time highlighting the gorgeous refrigerator ads from my 1947/48 women’s magazines.  I hope you’ll click here or on the photo above and mozey over to enjoy a fun, beautiful trip down memory lane.

I am excited to be linking up with Rednesday and Vintage Thingies Thursday this week. 

God bless, ladies!

8 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hello there! I'm here from Sue's but on my way over to Jann's now! ♥

Pamela Gordon said...

I just read your post on Jann's blog. I loved it and am now following you. I am also a Canadian blogger. Blessings, Pamela

DearHelenHartman said...

I hopped over and had plenty to say because those ads were so fun! Great Rednesday post.

Chenille Cottage said...

What a delight it is to find your darling blog! From the moment I saw your header and beyond my heart was warmed.
I look forward to visiting you many more times!
Blessings and thanks for your sweet comment on mine.
Happy Rednesday!
Carolynn x x x

LV said...

I love going down memory lane by way of the blog. However, I will stay as I am today.

Jann Olson said...

Nicole, I tried to link up the guest post you did with Vintage Thingie Thurs. Thought it might get you more visitors. Oops! It went on your blog. See, not so savvy computer lady here. So sorry.
Hugs,
Jann

Keetha Broyles said...

Today must be THE DAY for vintage housewife adds and I missed the memo! Hehehehe

I saw this same add over on some other blog. What a cute picture, but it begs the question "what vintage housewife actually HAD a pop cooler machine??? I grew all up in the 50's and I never saw one in ANYONE'S home.

Today? YEP - - - we who love vintage collect them and have them in our homes!

Ellen said...

I love roaming down memory lane and ads from years ago!

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reading more of your great blog!