Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Put Your Dish Soap in a Hand Soap Dispenser

Picture 027
If I were a with-it sort of a person, I might call this tip a “life hack”, but as Im not entirely sure Im using that term correctly because Im old and out of touch, lets just stick with “tip” for now.  :)  I got this tip from my grandmother, who has been doing this for years.  She buys one kind of liquid dish soap and uses it in all of the hand soap dispensers in her home, including the one she keeps at her kitchen sink. 
Picture 260

This is such a simple tip but I have found it to be SO helpful in the kitchen.  Next time your hands are covered with raw meat goo (doesnt it sound lovely when I say it that way?), instead of having to pick up the bottle of dish detergent, you just use your clean wrist to pump a few blobs of soap into your hand and wash away.  And when you’re doing dishes, you just smack that dispenser on the head a few times, dont even have to pick up the bottle. Does this make me sound lazy?  I am.
Picture 261  
It looks a lot nicer than a big bottle of Polmolive or something else sitting there, and its always on hand when you need it.
Picture 257
Picture 258
I buy up the Ecomax dish detergent when its on sale and I use it as dish soap and hand soap in both of our bathrooms, just reusing the hand soap pumps I bought forever ago.  Do yourself a favour and start putting your dish soap in an easy-to-use hand soap dispenser.
Picture 028
Happy Dish-Washing, Ladies!


Excited to be linking up with Tiny Tip Tuesdays over at Nature's Nurture as well as Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways over at Frugal Sustainability.

9 comments:

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

Since they make dish soaps in scents and colors now, it would be so simple to do this. Thanks for the tip. Patty

The Old-Fashioned Housewife said...

Yes, Patti, the EcoMax stuff I buy comes in a lovely lavender or orange cent, so very nice as a hand soap as well. And much more economical this way :) Thanks!

The Old-Fashioned Housewife said...

haha woops I meant "scent" not cent :)

Sarah @ Natures Nurture said...

Great tip! I've been doing this for years too! Just makes so much sense, instead of having to grab the big dish soap bottle...after which you end up having to wash the bottle to remove said raw meat goo LOL :) Thanks for linking up at Tiny Tip Tuesday!

The Old-Fashioned Housewife said...

Exactly, Sarah! Its just so much more efficient. And cute. :)

The Accidental Housewife said...

A cunning plan! I like it.

Laura @ Laura Williams Musings said...

Clever idea!!

Fancy said...

Love this tip!

excellenthousecleaning said...

Home cleaning is very important for keeping any family safe and your home attractive. Professional domestic House Cleaning offers professional house cleaning, cleaning services to make your home.