Friday, May 25, 2012

A Few of My Favourite Things

If you’ll indulge, me, just a few of my favourite things from vacation this week.
Picture 011
The way my daughter took to the water like a fish.

Picture 020





Walking along the pier and reading God’s word by the lake.



Picture 003
Walking our dog and snapping photos like this…

Picture 005





And this….


Picture 009  And this.

Picture 014





How heart-broken my daughter became when we’d go to the lakeside but she couldnt get in the water…

Picture 017
…and how a little swing with daddy…
Picture 048




and a romp through the flowers made everything OK.


Picture 021     
This photo that Mr. Old-Fashioned took of me enjoying the beach
Picture 070






And this one that I took of little Bird doing the same.

Picture 076      This shot of Bird walking out to her Daddy during a sunset swim encompasses everything I love about vacation; God’s creation and blessing, and my two favourite people. 
Thanks for indulging me in a little personal “show and tell” of my favourite things. So proud to be linking up with Jann at Share Your Cup Thursdays. 

4 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

All of your pictures are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Erica :)

Jann Olson said...

Oh my, I think little bird might be a fish. lol! She is such a doll! She has the same sweet face as her mommy. It's always so fun to see what a blog friend looks like. You are as cute as I have imagined. Your vacation sounds wonderful and there's nothing better than spending time with family. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup!
Hugs,
Jann

keepinitruralinthemidwest said...

I love it all, the pics, the pier, boats, lakes, family time, sunsets and meeting you and your family. Thanks for sharing, it was a nice time for me as well and now reminiscing of my own families love moments. They are all grown up now but we can still have love moments of sharing time together.

The Old-Fashioned Housewife said...

Bless you all for your sweet comments! I am touched that a more personal post got such feedback- I think im always a little reticent to share too much stuff just about us. But I guess its nice to know your blogger friends, too, right? :)