Thursday, November 10, 2011

Old-Fashioned Fall Fun

fallisfun

Hello Ladies!  Before I get into sharing some of our fall-time doing, I want to share with you all that I’ve really been struggling with the “to blog or not to blog” thing lately. As you can see, I havent been blogging much at all.  The reason?  I just dont have the time.  The summer was CRAZY busy with learning to can and preserving food.  The early fall was busy with similar things and travel to see my family.  The past few weeks I have been focusing on how to get back into a better housekeeping routine because it pretty well went out the window in the summer as I spent a disproportionate amount of my time at the kitchen sink and stove and let the basic house-keeping go by the way side.  Add to that chasing a beautiful 18 month old, taking acre of my hubs, getting 3 meals and two snacks on the table every day, spending time in God’s word, being involved with church and various ministries, and I just dont find the time to blog.  Sometimes I tell myself Im going to do it at the end of the day after my daughter goes to bed, but I usually dont have the mental and/or physical energy to do it.  Im sure many of you struggle with this, right? 

momandbaby

The problem is I really do want to blog.  I have all these ideas I want to share, but blogging the way I do takes time, and I just dont find i have it very often.  In addition, an important part of blogging, in my opinion, is not just posting my own content but also being a part of YOUR blogs, being blessed by what you’re sharing and taking part in your conversations.  And that takes even MORE time, time I just dont seem to find lately.

BUT Im not ready to totally give up.  I know the rarity of my posts these days mean I probably wont have as many regular followers, but we’ll just have to play it by ear.  So, now that i have that out of the way… heres a bit about the fun we’ve been having this fall. :)

Picture 058 

We kicked off our Fall season this year by attending the 1914 Fall Fair at the local living museum in our area.  It was a fun look at life a century ago.

Picture 016    Picture 023        

Next, we went home to visit my family in Upstate New York.  One day we went out to the local pumpkin patch/fun farm.  What a blast!

Picture 031

Picture 059  Picture 039

Picture 047 Picture 048

Picture 053

For Halloween, we dressed our little Bird up as, appropriately, a duck, and had some good friends over for a little Harvest Party: 

Picture 136    Picture 137

I made homemade maple popcorn to hand out to the kids in the neighbourhood.

Picture 140

 Picture 147   Picture 142 

Picture 132    Picture 134

Blessings to those of you who took the time to catch up with me.  I keep saying I hope to be blogging more soon, and to be reading your blogs, too, and I surely do hope so.  Here’s hoping! 

Hope you are having a wonderful Fall!

3 comments:

Laura said...

It's so great to see you back. I'll take you and your Blog posts whenever I can get them. :)

I cannot believe how big little bird has become! She's not so little anymore. :)

It looks like you guys have been having a wonderful Autumn.
I love it! Great pictures.

((Hugs))
Laura

thislittlebirdie said...

Love the fall is fun pic! I love anything vintage and retro, so I'm having much fun reading your blog!

Sandie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today.Sorry that I haven't found yours until today! I put all of my blogs into a reader so that when a new post shows up I get to have fun reading it. It doesn't matter if it has been 2 hours or 2 months to me. Do you read Sugar Pie Farmhouse? She has many followers and only posts about every 2-3 weeks. My plans are for three times a week so that it does not consume all of my time! Can't wait to browse through your past posts! Sandie