Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Housewives Preserve Us!

canning

Hello, ladies! This housewife has been too busy to blog because she’s been busy preserving the summer harvest. In addition, thanks to the encouragement you ladies shared with me on my last Fencepost Friday, I’ve made myself a new weekly housekeeping schedule and have been working away on getting into a new routine. So thanks for all the inspiration!

Just thought I’d share a few snapshots of what’s been going on around the Armchair Household. Also, if any of you have a good dill relish recipe, share it with me, would you?

Preparing Fresh Greenbeans for the Freezer






Canning Sliced Peaches

Drying Red and Yellow Sweet Peppers


Pickling Cukes in lots of Dill and Garlic

And I had a little Bird “helping” me all the way…. :)

Happy Homemaking Ladies!

1 comment:

Jann Olson said...

Boy have you ever been busy! Great pics of all that harvest. I have a sweet pickle relish that my hubby loves on hot dogs and hamburgers. If interested let me know and I will give it to you. Little bird is ever so cute! Hey girl, I received an award today and I am regifting it to you. Check out my blog when you get a chance to step out of the kitchen. LOL!