Thursday, June 23, 2011

Where I’ve Been

Obviously I havent been blogging at Armchair Housewife, thats for sure!  So what has been keeping me away from this blog which I do so enjoy writing?  well, first and foremost, this little cutie keeps me pretty darn busy:

Picture 025

Picture 021

Second, if I have had time to sit at my computer, Ive been doing recipes for Loft Organics.  Here are some of the most recent ones posted.

ESS6

            early summer saute

BE1

                                                                                       sweet potato soup

JP6

               jumbalaya pasta

Now that our sweet Bird is sleeping through the night (it finally started happening a few weeks ago once she passed 13 months) and our life is generally more rested and predictable, I am focused on making or house more of a home, being a more well-rounded homemaker and not just a mom, and studying up to earn my MRS from Wife College, to borrow a phrase from another blogger.  One particular skill I am trying to learn this spring is canning.  I’ve never canned a thing in my life, never made jam or one single pickle.  But Im trying- reading up lots of stuff like this:

Picture 023

And of course all the usual daily housecleaning, mom’s groups and bible studies, church, family, friends.  Life is full, life is great, and Im hoping to be around here more frequently.  Here’s hoping! :)

3 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

Well hello there! It's so good to see a post from you, and also to see a picture of your daughter. She's a cutie pie! I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you, especially about canning. I've never tried it either!
Happy Weekend,
Carol

Laura said...

Hey you!
I'm so happy to see a post from you. :)
I understand how busy life can be. At times, blogging and cyber world just doesn't fit into it all. That's OK.

Your MRS from Wife College. I love that!! ;p

Little Bird is getting so big! She is absolutely beautiful. :)

Take care,
((Hugs))
Laura

Angela said...

I was thinking about you the day before you did this post..lol. Voila..your here..She is just so precious...I can't believe she is already 13 months old..my goodness gracious, how fast they grow..sigh.