Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Upside of Winter

 

We live in Ontario, Canada, where sometimes it feels like winter is half the year.  And while I am itching for Spring to come so i can push our little Birdie girl over to the park and enjoy being out of the house while at the same time not being bundled up like the Michelin Man, I have days when the beauty of winter warms my heart and mind, if not my toes.

On a drive back from seeing The King’s Speech the other afternoon (go see it!  It’s a lovely story!), I was touched by the beauty of the winter landscape in my neighbourhood.  I tried to capture it as best I could.

Picture 109

 

Picture 106

 

Picture 110

 

Picture 108

I’m still looking forward to spring… but it’s good to stop sometimes and appreciate the beauty of the season you are in.

Blessings!

5 comments:

The Seasonal Family said...

That's so true, we do need to admire the beauty of the season we are in. Although at this point, I feel like I have admired enough snow, hah!

Laura said...

I'm usually pretty good about appreciating winter until about... a month ago. Come Feb-March, I'm done with it and ready for Spring!
We're getting some snow right now that is supposed to turn into rain tonight.... That sounds kind of springy... right???

((Hugs))
Laura

The Armchair Housewife said...

Yeah, weve been having freezing rain and snow this afternoon, Laura. Im thanful I dont have to be out in it today, looks like it could be pretty dangerous walking or driving. Looking forward to no more snow on the ground soon so we can go out and play! :)

Patricia said...

I just found this site and I love the recipes, beautiful pictures and information about local vendors.

Great job!

The Armchair Housewife said...

thanks so much for stopping by, Patricia! Your comments blessed me for sure. :) Hope to see you around some more!