Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home Again and Here Comes Fall!


Hello ladies!
Just a quick stop in to say thanks for the well-wishes and prayers for my trip home, all went well. What was very exciting was seeing the few trees here and there that were starting to change color in the rolling hills of NY on my drive home. And on the drive to work today I noticed one young tree on my street is already bright orange! As such, I officially declare it Fall here at Armchair Housewife, and you'll notice some decorative changes and more to come. If you haven't been over to Dame Penniwigs to get some lovely Autumn graphics for your blog, stop what you're doing and get over there right away!


And speaking of Home, Mr. Armchair and I have some exciting news, and that is that we are in the process of purchsing our first house! We were able to get past that bump in the road I mentioned in a previous post, and tonight we sign some more paperwork that puts us on the road to home-ownership. Lord willing, we will get posession on Oct. 9th,and be moved in by Nov. 1st. Yes, you know what that means, ladies... Christmas in my new house! Yahoo!!

God is good indeed.When I can, I'll post some pictures of the new place. I intend to blog more this week, do some catch-up blogging I've been behind on, so I pray to see you again real soon.

Thanks for stopping in, and i can't wait to catch up on all of YOUR blogs as well.

God Bless, ladies!

13 comments:

Sarah D. said...

Congrats about the house! Can't wait for more posts.

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

Welcome home friend, and congratulations on the new house.

Tara said...

So glad to hear the great news!!!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

So happy for you!!! Can't wait to see the pictures of the house and all your beautiful touches throughout!! Enjoy your day!

Caroline@ FOREVER VINTAGE said...

Glad to hear you had a safe trip home Nicole. Congrats on your first home! It sure feels good doesn't it?

Angela said...

Oh my I am so excited for you girl....and oh my,,the wonderful pictures we will be seeing..yahoooo..

ummmmm..when you have time you will need to see the Yard Sale Haul video this past Saturday...I screamed for you in the video..LOL. You will understand when you watch it,,

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home - Hope to see you next time I'm in the IT office. However I can't be sure it won't be a Friday or Monday. Mary H

Lianne said...

Yay, Nicole! I know you must be so excited! I am so happy for you. I know you will have lots of fun decorating your new home! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

keep us posted

sunshine said...

YaY! Congratulations! I cannot wait to see your new place!!!!!!
Wheeeee!!! I'm excited for you.

I'm so glad that you had a nice trip and yes... I'm calling it fall too. :)
((hugs))
Laura

Shauna said...

That's great news. What an exciting time!!
Btw, Hunter is working on your drawing.

Lynn said...

It's been a while since I've stopped by, Armchair Housewife, and I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU about your new house!! So very, very cool!! Big congratulations to you and your hubby.

The Mangerchine's said...

Congrats on the house! I can't wait to see pictures!

Shannon