Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's Rednesday, Y'all!!


Hello Ladies!! I have been one busy lady this past week, working either on the house or at the office during the day, and our evenings have been full helping friends paint, playing hostess to family, and the next few nights will be filled with more activities, so the post I've been dying to get done, that on my housekeeping goals, will not likely get done until Friday.

But, in the meantime, I have discovered this delish carnival over at It's a Very Cherry World, where ladies gather to celebrate all things red. It's Rednesday!!

Normally I would take some pictures of my lovely red items in my home, but as time is limited today I am going to share some of my favorite retro ad art that has lots of red in it. who Doesn't love these beautiful old hand-drawn pieces of art? Enjoy, ladies!


Mmm.. doesn't it make you want to crack open an frosty bottle of pepsi?



Hmm... it doesn't sound all that tasty I must confess, but the design on the can is fantastic.


Look at our sister mopping the floor in her pumps and apron. She's got more style than me!


Cute cute cute!

Wheee is right! I could get excited about scrubbing pots, too, if the brillo boxes were still that pretty.

Thanks so much for stopping by, ladies, and thakns for Sue at Very Cherry World for hosting this fun carnival. And for my bloggy friends, that homemaking post is coming soon!

Have a blessed day, ladies!

10 comments:

Sarah D. said...

Beautiful pics! But I'm still trying to figure out how to pronounce Rednesday!

Tara said...

I know I've already said it, but it's SOOOO good to have you back! You'll never know how much I missed you not blogging! ; )

~~Carol~~ said...

I love the old ads so much! I always pick up those old magazines too, because not only are the ads great, but the reading can be pretty entertaining too. Such a simpler time!

Lianne said...

Cute idea. I'm with Sarah D., though. How DO you pronounce that?

As for Dinty Moore Beef Stew...well, I used to eat it for lunch every single day in the summertime when I was 5-6 years old at my great-grandmother's house. I loved the stuff. Well, up until they started putting peas in it, then I wouldn't eat it anymore. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Armchair Housewife said...

I think, ladies, that there are two possibilities for pronunciation. I think we could go with the way Wednesday is pronounced, and say "Rendsday". But seeing as the point of it is the "Red", I'm going with something that sounds like "Rednessday". As in, celebrating the redness of life. :)

Shauna said...

I love retro art, how cool.

sunshine said...

I love it!
My favorite is the ad with the lady mopping with high heels. LOL
Great post, with great pictures.
((Hugs)))
Laura

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Such beautiful pictures in RED!!!! Love them!

SueLovesCherries said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by Rednesday! (Personally, I pronounce it like Wednesday; but, hey whatever floats your boat! :) )

How did you know I'm a Pepsi Girl? I have a glass of Caffeine-free Diet beside me right now! LOL!

Neabear said...

A fun RED post! All those old ads are entertaining. Hope you are having a great week.