Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Got Fruit Flies?


I don't know about you, ladies, but around my house right now it's fruit fly season. I hate those little buggers (pardon my language if you're a reader from the UK) and am so glad I discovered a successful way to rid my kitchen of them.



If you don't know this trick, ladies, discover it. Works like a Charm.
Simply take a small glass and fill it half way with apple cider vinegar. Add a few drops of dish soap to the vinegar.

Set out on the counter and the fruit flies line up to take the plunge.



See how many I caught in only about 30 minutes time?
I had double that amount after a few hours and my kitchen has been fruit-fy free ever since.

How did Rednesday sneak up on me? Boy do I have some fun stuff to show you this week!! My post will just have to be tardy today... see you (and see red!) later this evening.

12 comments:

Della said...

Okay, that is kind of gross, but cool also. :) My aunt used to keep the a.c. so cold to kill flies, but it nearly killed me, this would have been the perfect solution!

Lizzy said...

Gracias por tu comentario en mi blog, en español es la misma palabra "blog".
Tu español no es tan malo =)
Thanks for the tip, I'll try next time we do a barbacue because these kind of bugs always appear!!

Armchair Housewife said...

Hey Della,

We keep the AC pretty cool in our place, too, so that keeps them to a minimum, but every once in a while I just get a little batch in there and have to pull out the vinegar. :)

I know its a big gross, but it works! :)

Sarah D. said...

I've heard you can do the same thing with wine, but that just sounds like a waste of wine to me! ;)

sunshine said...

Great idea! I'll have to try it. I left some overripe banana's out over night as I was going to make some muffins. Guess whats flying around my kitchen now. I need to go buy some Apple Cider Vinegar.
Thanks for the tip!
((Hugs))
Laura

Shauna said...

I really needed this tip, thanks.
I talked to my son and he said he would start working on your drawing. He normally draws on regular sized paper. Is that size fine?

~~Carol~~ said...

Ewwww! I just saw one today, and I'm sure where there's one, there's a dozen more! I read somewhere that this works for ants too. Can't remember where I saw it. Maybe here?

Shauna said...

Ok, sounds good. I may even get him some paper a little bit wider. You know you made his day right? :)

Lianne said...

Good to know!! Thank you for the tip!

The Vintage Housewife... said...

hello kitten how very interesting! glad you found me again...love the apron day posts...and i love the up do'...i love to try new things...thanks for swingin' by my place...blessings cat

The Mangerchine's said...

Thanks for the awesome tip... I'll be giving it a try immediately!

Shannon

Sara said...

I have been telling everyone I know about this trick and so far 100% success! You're great Miss Nicole!