Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Updo of my Adult Life



Oooooooh Ladies, am I excited!!! I have recently discovered the Glamorous Housewife over at Tales of a Retro-Modern Housewife, and she has just begun a how-to-give-your-hair-some-retro-glamour hair series, and I'm excited. I've always wanted to do more with my hair, but I've never known how.


I was so excited about her first post
that I fiddled with my hair at 11:30 at night. Ok, so I know that helps contribute to an "F" in "getting to bed by 10:30" goal, but i was just excited.


And guess what? I DID it! Well, at leasat sort of. And sort of is passing with a flying grade for me, because on the scale of one to glamour I'm about a negative 53, especially these days. It was hard and I didn't know where to put my hands and the pins and yadda yadda, but I did it, and I totally feel empowered to maybe feel a bit more feminine and glamorous. Yay!


So here are some shots. After I got the hair up I figured hey, put on a blouse and some jewlery and even- GASP- some lipstick to get the full affect. I can tell you without a doubt, at least from the waste up, this is probably as glamorous as I have looked in a couple of years, in my bathroom at midnight. Haha! Now, let's see if I can manage to get up and do it in the morning for work.. hmm..




Hey, it's hard to take photos of your hair when your by yourself in your bathroom at midnight, so cut me some slack...





This one is really sort of cheating because I took my glasses off... I couldn't leave my bathroom without them so this is a look that will never be... :)



Ok, that's more realistic.


I want to say a really really BIG THANK YOU to Mrs Glamorous Housewife for being a great inspiration. I can't wait to see the rest of your hair series, and ladies go on over and check out not only this but her site in general. It's a dish!

Blessings!

12 comments:

Sarah D. said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! You're fabulous with any hairdo but this is extra fabulous.

Shauna said...

Your hair looks great. This is exactly why I want to grow mine out.
Oh, about the Lost drawings, what a generous offer. I will certainly ask him and let you know. He will probably be excited about it. He is 12 btw, so it wouldn't be professional of course, but I happen to think he does a great job

Mama Hen said...

I think it looks great! And you look wonderful in your glasses. Very stylish. I am going to go check out her hairstyles myself.

Project 31 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unreasonable Grace said...

You look lovely daaahling!
Kim
(that project 31 comment was me - i was logged into our WM beta site. sorry!)

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Yes! That looks exactly right to me. Wonderful job- I am glad you were inspired to try- and practice makes it just that much easier. I often try new styles at night (though for me 'night' is about 8:00pm, not 10:30!)

You asked about fly away hair and I guess I dont have many because I never really thought about it before. I just hairspray, hairspray, hairspray. Though if I pull my hair back, like in this updo, I will go back with a brush AFTER it is in a ponytail to smooth the top as much as possible and then spray. I dont use mousse or gel because it doesn't work on my hair, but you really have to experiment with your own.

I have the full set tutorial up now, and will have some faux 40's looks tomorrow and some super easy styles on Friday.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Lizzy said...

Hey! I looks nice! you did great! just like many of us need practice! I'm gonna try it tonight perhaps ;) , then PERHAPS I post it hehehe

Lianne said...

Somebody's looking FABULOUS!!! Love it! So glamorous!

sunshine said...

Wow! That turned out REALLY good! I love it. You look beautiful.
((Hugs))
Laura

~~Carol~~ said...

I think we can all now call YOU a glamorous housewife too! It's very pretty! I'm so awful at styling my hair, but maybe I'll give this a whirl!

The Mangerchine's said...

So glamorous! I'm going to have to head over there and check this series out!

Shannon

Sara said...

You're adorable Nicole!! Thanks for sending me your blog url.