Sunday, July 19, 2009

Let's try this again...


Hello my friends in blogland. I so appreciate your various notes over the past few months, stopping by to say hi, letting me know you are thinking about and praying for me, and wishing me well. I got all the messages, as I receive notifications in my inbox when someone leaves a comment. I haven't been in blogland much, though, but this is going to be an earnest attempt at a return.


In truth I believe my loss in the spring hit me harder than I first realized, not in that I was dispairing, but my desire for homemaking was nearly extinguished for a couple of months. Not only was I not interested in projects or beautifying my home, but truth be told I wasn't even doing a great job at the basics. Remember how I said I had come to a point where I would never go to bed with a dirty dish in the sink? Well, it happened far too many times in the past few months. I'm not saying things got totally out of control, but meal planning, organizing, and really making my house a home has really been a struggle for me since Spring.





But, by God's grace, my desire to be the homemaker I know the Lord would have me be, has been slowly returning, and the engines have really been at full throttle the past couple of weeks. As such, I actually have something to blog about again! And I have lots of ideas and plans to get back into the swing of things and to continue on my adventure to make my house a home and get up out of the armchair. And I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you gals, too, and seeing what you've been up to and how God is working in your lives as women, wives, mothers, and homemakers.



I'm following this re-entry post immediately with a new post about some updates I've done to my kitchen, and I have a few more planned as soon as I can get the pictures downloaded and edited, etc. Look to see more from me very soon.

Excited to be back in blogland,

Armchair Housewife

6 comments:

Lianne said...

And I, for one, could NOT be HAPPIER to see your triumphant return to the bloggy-world! I have missed you!

I have often wondered about you and prayed for you during this time. I hope that you are going to be able to get back into the swing of things and keep us updated on your life.

I'm sending hugs and prayers your way tonight. I'm so joyful that you are back!

Armchair Housewife said...

Bless your heart, Lianne, thanks so much!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Okay, I saw the other post first! Now I'm reading this one. A little out of order! But, I'm glad you're back. I also have been thinking about you and praying for you over the past few months. Hoping you were doing okay! Enjoy your week and your return to blogging!

Tara said...

So glad you're back!!! Have missed you like crazy!!!

Angela said...

Ironic...I came to your blog just before you posted this to see how you have been....it has been awhile,,and WHAM..your here..LOL..praise God...I've missed you girl

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

Welcome back, friend.