Monday, April 27, 2009

The Armchair Housewife Returns



Hello ladies and dear online friends! I want to say thank you all so much for your kind commetns and emails to me over the past month or more. 2009 really had a rough start for me, it has been a tough season, but God is very good and I have learned a lot and see the Lord move in this time. And I am getting back into the swing of things and getting more exciting about homemaking again.


I was in spring cleaning mode today and did something that I have been both dying to and dreading to do all winter: clean my deck! We live in a second story apartment (upstairs of a house) and have a nice upstairs deck off our kitchen. Because it's of little practical use during the late fall and winter (we do live in Canada), it ends up becoming a bad garage-like "catch all" for stuff I don't want to take care of and have no place to put in our house. Also, as you will see in a moment, becuase I was without a recycling blue box for many months, recycling was collecting outside. Eeegads... it's embarassing.

So my first post back into blogging is a confession and a before/after. Behold the nasty mess:


Angle One


Angle Two

Yikes- Angle Three

It was a gorgeous day to be cleaning, here is a shot mid-way through the shovel-out:


The deck is far from "finished". I have a number of furniture items at the back of the deck that need to be put out on our next large item garbage pick-up day. But it's a heck of a lot better, behold:




Unfortunately the deck is old and there is wood rotting at the endges from water damage, and there's nothing I can really do about that. Last year we couldn't afford deck furniture but I am really hoping this year we can. I did sit out there this evening and enjoy the fruit of my labor while journaling and praying.

More photos to come once I can get that furniture out and new cute deck furniture in.

Thanks again, ladies, and God bless you all for your prayers. Be back soon!

7 comments:

Lianne said...

Nicole! I am so glad to see you posting again! I was just thinking about you yesterday when I was brushing my teeth. (Don't ask me why it was then. I do some deep thinking when brushing.)

Okay, can I just share something too? Your deck and my attic look a lot alike. There. I said it. Wanna come clean my attic? :)

I am super glad you are back! I am still praying for you and Caleb.

Armchair Housewife said...

Lianne that is so sweet of you, my friend. Thank you so much for your prayers, it really means a lot and touches my heart.

-Nicole

Atlanta Girl said...

So glad to have you back!!! Missed you like crazy!

sunshine said...

So glad to see you back again! We've missed you a lot!
When the time comes you are going to make a wonderful Mother. I feel confident that the Lord will bless you and your husband with a child. My prayers are still with you both.

We all have those "hot spots" that seem to collect garbage and such. I have one such room.... yikes! LOL
You did a great job though. Everything looks spick and span. I really wish that we had a large item garbage pick up in our town. I hate having to get rid of the big stuff ourselves. Such a pain!

Again, I'm so glad that you're back. I've missed your posts about homemaking and your comments and encouragement in my blog.
Welcome back!
((Hugs))
Laura

Walking on Sunshine... said...

So glad you're back!! Love the work you're doing on the deck. Hope you can get something to put out there so you can enjoy some sun this summer! Our front porch needs attention. We never even sit out there anymore since we have the back porch. Praying for you and Caleb! Missed you!!

Erin said...

Welcome back...glad you're feeling better.

Sarah D. said...

Hurray! Now I can go back to checking your page 10 times a day, eagerly awaiting your nest post! Lots of Love and Hugs, Me