Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update


Thank you ladies, all SO much for your prayers for me, and your encouragement and suggestions. Karen I LOVE the suggestion about garlic... I am going to try that! For those of you concerned I should see a doctor, I so appreciate it, but I'm pretty sure it's just my immune system is trashed from being sick previously this winter, and then all the stress from work/life balance, etc, that I've been struggling with in the new year. I've struggled with sinus infections for years, and antibiotics only make it worse, which is what a doctor will give me. So, I really just have to take lots of vitamin c, get rest, pray, and ride it out (unless it moves into my chest at which point I do go see a doctor). And now I'm going to try garlic!

And the good news is I woke up this morning not feeling worse than when I went to bed the night before, which is a good sign that I may well have this licked by Thursday. Typically with sinus infections I loathe going to bed at nght becuase I get little sleep and wake up feeling worse than before. But not this morning; my sore throat is gone, my sinuses are much less impacted, and while still a bit stuffy, air can travel through my nasal passages, all good sinus. No sinus headache either. As is my body is telling me not to count my health chickens before they hatch, however, that last sentence was interuped by fit of five violent sneezes in a row. So... still not out of the woods here, but I think I can see the light through the trees.

I thank you all so much for your prayers, i do believe they are working. Going home this weekend is very important to me. I have a very long day today, work late and then, as Karen mentioned in her post, I am supposed to go to Awanna tonight. I really don't feel like I can miss it, as I've missed a few times this year already from sickness, and I am at least functional (and will Lord willing stay that way) so I should go, so pray I can come home and go right to bed and get lots of sleep.

Thanks again, ladies. I am so touched to have so many comments on that last post. You're all the sweetest friends a gal could have.


5 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Glad you're feeling better! Enjoy your trip home. When do you leave???

Armchair Housewife said...

Well, I'm supposed to leave Thursday afternoon but we'll have to see if I continue to get better. I am feeling better today, but I'm still definitely having the cold symptoms, and if they don't go away I wont travel because I don't want to spread my sickness, especially to that precious nephew of mine. So, thanks so much for prayers I get better soon! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I want to add nicole that a storm is headed to buffalo tomorrow, wed.
check all weather and i love you mommy

Lianne said...

Yea for laughing--does that mean the garlic is working? I hope so! If not, you might want to invest in some breath mints! I'm telling you, that restaurant we ate at in San Fran--the Stinking Rose--will cure what ails you or give you something new to complain about!

Have a great night!

p.s.Got Mucinex? That's a great over-the-counter decongestant that works wonders for me.

A Marriage After His Heart said...

Nicole,

I didn't know how to contact you, but just wanted to say I loved your comments over the past couple posts over on Terry's blog. I am certianly praying for you and your hubs and glad that you found what you were looking for. Your blog is so cute to me!