Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window... It is sunny, and still pretty mild, although the ice has stopped melting and the sidewalks are treacherous

I am thinking... How much I love Mondays.

I am thankful for... A God who does not grow weary. I can grow weary so quickly it seems, of doing good, and yet the Lord's strength is perfected in my weakness, when I am walking with Him.

From the kitchen... Second Monday in a row I made bacon and eggs for my beloved. And I'll be cooking up some lasagna for a sick friend and chicken soup for us today.

I am wearing... Still in my pjs. Shower is right after this. (same answer as last week!)

I am creating... Still working at uploading and editing the photos I have taken of the vintage magazines I own. I am loving it, it's a great relaxing thing to do at the end of the day.

I am going... nowhere! Yay! Well, not until 3pm, when I will take dinner to my friend. But no outside chores required today. Woo hoo!

I am reading... Ruth, as I am leading an Awanna lesson on her tomorrow night.

I am hoping... that my first giveaway will be a hit (coming soon!)

I am hearing... the occasional laugh from hubby as he is listening to his morning radio show.

Around the house... I FINALLY cleared off the top of my piano yesterday, which had become a catch-all for post-Christmas decorating items, and I am going to paint a little box today to give some height to the centrepiece. I'll of course post photos when I'm done. :)

One of my favorite things... Being at home. Really love it. Pray I can do it full time someday, but am just so glad. I will likely be helping my friend at her daycare again this Friday, as she is still ill, and I would not be free to bless her in that way if I were still working M-F. This is the other side to the importance of women being homemakers; so they are free to help other women, families, and whomever might need help in the community, and have the time and energy available to minister in that capacity.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, Awanna, and on Friday likely helping out the daycare again (same as last week!) Also, Friday night will be the second night of our eschatology bible study that has been started at church. I'm looking forward to it!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Love, Love this beautiful old illustration, although I am wondering where her mop water is going... hmmm....

6 comments:

Sarah D. said...

Glad you're having good day!

sunshine said...

It's great being home and getting things done, isn't it?
Happy you are having such a good day!
Laura

Jerralea said...

I totally agree that it would be great to have time to minister to other ladies. I loved it when I didn't have to work outside the home, there were so many things to do!

Have a wonderful week.

momstheword said...

It's just so nice to be at home and not have to go anywhere. Love your blog!

Angela said...

Just wanted to let you know you won an award at my blog

Lianne said...

You are always so upbeat in your posts. I wish I was! You inspire me with your good thoughts and your cheerful attitude--especially in your home organization projects. Come hang out with me if you are ever in Alabama, mmm-kay? I could use the good influence! :)