Friday, February 27, 2009

Power Outage


While I do not typically work on Fridays, today was supposed to be an important exception because I need to get our T4s out today (The Canadian answer to the W2) and prepare for the auditor who is coming on Monday. However, I received a call from a coworker this morning that there had been a pretty serious transformer fire down the street from our office and as such the power was out and not anticiapted to come back on for some time.

And it is now 12:30 and it still isn't on. So... despite the fact that I really need, legally, to get these T4s done, and I have work to do for the auditor, I'm at home about to get some much-needed housework done. Once the power's back on I'll have to go into the office, even if it means working this evening, but I'm not complaining... it's been nice ot be home with puppy and hubby today. We even went out to Wendy's for lunch because Caleb had to drop off some things in town for work. I've read everyone's blog, did some extended devotionals, and now I'm going to turn on my golden oldies station and do some house scrubbing.

I hope you like my version of the cartoon above. That's a saying my boss likes to repeat, and I thought it was much nicer than the original caption, not to mention very timely for today.

Blessings on your day, ladies!

3 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Yes, your boss must really be loving that saying right now! Especially with all the tax work that needs to be done! Hope you get your house extra clean! I spent the day cleaning as well and everything looks so nice! Have a great weekend!! Lunch sounded fun!

Tara said...

I wish we were neighbors!!! I'd really love hanging out with you!!! ; )

momstheword said...

It is a funny cartoon. Love the pictures in your post below it too. Hope you had a good weekend and that work went well!