Saturday, February 7, 2009

Like Big Band? Swing? Truly Golden Oldies?


If so, you might want to check this station out:

WKHR out of Cleveland, OH

Their description: "Swing Big Band - Your Big Band, Swing, and Easy Pop Standards from the 30's, 40's, 50's & more!"

Since listening to Ruthann's picks over at Warm Pie Happy Home, my appetite has been whetted for the great music from this era, and I set out to find a station I could stream online for free while I am doing housework. There's just something about music from this time that makes me feel so homey and happy- even the blues! Click on the link above, or here, and push the "play" button on the upper left hand corner. after one annoying commercial, you'll be plugged in and ready to go.

Enjoy, ladies!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Love it! Thanks!

Erin said...

I linked to your post in my blog today...I've been listening to the music for three hours now. Thanks so much for sharing your find with us!
http://nagle5.blogspot.com/2009/02/our-maiden-voyage.html

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I love all the pictures you find to put on your blog! So beautiful! Hope you have a great Sunday!!

sunshine said...

I was never into Big Band music before but lately I've really started liking it! (maybe cause I'm turning 40 this year and I'm getting old.. hehehe).
Thanks for the channel. I was listening to it for awhile last night.
Ciao Bella..
Laura

Armchair Housewife said...

I am so glad that some of you took me up on it and enjoyed the radio station. And thanks for the link, Erin!

Rhonda in OK said...

Big Band music is the best!
Glen Miller is my favorite. The movie based on his life is wonderful too
"The Glenn Miller Story"

Angela said...

RuthAnne also got me hooked on that music. It just FEELS so awesome in my heart, makes me feel , I don't know, like a joyfilled homemaker going about her days, blessing her family and home.