Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cleaning Up Christmas

Because we weren't home for most of January and becuase I was sick before we went house sitting, I never had a chance to put away all of my Christmas 'stuff' properly. As a result, this is how my closet appeared last weekend:



Yikes. So, I spent most of Saturday organazing everything, not only the "stuff" that was in the closet but also all of the Christmas dishes, extra decorations, etc, that I bought this year, into my handy dandy Ikea bins I bought a few weekends ago. I put all my goodies in and labeled them and found room at the back of our coat closet:



You'll also notice next to the black bins is a tall white plastic organizer that I used back in december to organize all of my crafty tidbits- everything from tapes to glues, paints, stencils, etc. Also my stationary stuff has found a home here, and all the drawers are labeled. Yay!

So, back to the previously-trashed closet, once I got everything all nicely binned and labeled, you could actually see the floor of my closet! Behold:


And you might notice on the left there a lovely set of drawers. Here's a close-up:


This is a fabulous set of drawers that my beloved not only bought for me from Ikea, but put it all together! He's fabulous! This closet is where our sweet little bunny used to "live"; his cage used to sit right where the dresser is now. Becuase he had all of his stuff in the closet, i could never really use it for anything. With the space clear, Caleb bought me both this set of drawers, which fits perfectly in the space and allows me wonderful drawer space for things like craft items, candles, etc and also a book shelf that sits on the other side of the closet. Behold:
Sorry, I couldn't get it to turn the right way. But you can see how nice and organized my candles are now. Yay!
So , i'm feeling much more organized. My house got disheveled again this week as I was working working working mid-week (and of course my father and brother in law had to stop by and see the mess while I was at work! eegads!) but after I help out at my friend's daycare again tomorrow, i'll be free to give my house a loving once-over.
I wanted to say thank you to all of you who are "following" my blog. I am honored to be in your blogroll! Blessings!

5 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love the way everything looks!! Very nice and organized! Makes me want to go down to our storage room and straighten things up!!! Maybe next weekend when the Colonel is home!!

sunshine said...

Everything looks great! Good job. Since I've been fighting this stupid cold/flu for 2 weeks now my place is trashed.....
Lot's waiting for me to clean up.
Laura

Sarah D. said...

Wow that's a lot of candles! And so beautifully arranged too!

Anonymous said...

You'll be glad to know that the father & brother-in-law's commented that the Armchair Husband was cheerful and content, and NOT that his house was out of order, after they met up with him this week!

This reminds us Armchair Housewives that although an organized house is important, a happy spouse doesn't totally hinge on whether or not our "stuff" is in place. Way cool!

Love Mom Mueller

Armchair Housewife said...

Yes, it is a lot of candles. My beloved stocked me up before christmas at last minute sales and then I totally stocked up at post-christmas sales (notice all the red and white) I have more yet on my piano top that desperately needs to be organized sometime when I get to it...

Thanks for the kind comments, ladies!