Monday, February 9, 2009

Award(s)!!


Angela over at Free Spirit Haven has given me this lovely blog award/meme. My understanding is that it is given to people who write with honesty, and in the spirit of said honesty we are supposed to write 10 super honest items that you might not know about me (and might not want to!)

But before I do that, I have to right a blogging wrong. Lois from Walking on Sunshine was kind enough to give me this blog award a while ago and I was in such a busy period that I didn't remember to post about it. Thanks so much, Lois, it really meant a lot!

So here goes with my ten things you probably don't need to know about me:
1. I watch the same movies/dvds over and over (and over) again when I am doing housework, or later at night when I've been going too late in the day and I need to just turn off my brain so i can wind down and go to sleep. The list includes Gosford Park (and the commentary), The Day the Earth Caught Fire, Casablanca, The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon, The Pink Panther, Father Knows Best (tv), Foil's War (tv), Midsommer Murders (tv), and The Waltons (tv). often I'm not even watching them anymore, I'm just listening as I clean, or have them on while I look at a magazine or blog before I go to bed, but I have them on all the same. I know... I'm weird.

2. If you remember waaay back to one of my earliest confession posts, I still hadn't painted my foyer. Yeah... I still haven't.

3. I haven't recycled since April. Ok, I know this is going to get the greenies after me, and I know it's a terrible shameful truth, but I wasn't given a blue bin when we moved in here and I have looked High and Low for a place to buy one and can't find it. My guess is I've got to go to some government office somewhere in the region but I just hacen't done it. I know, I need to. It's terrible.

4. If I could I would take my dog everywhere with me, including to work, the grocery store, you name it. I've turned into one of those people.

5. I hate shopping retail. H-A-T-E it. My blood pressure rises everytime I walk into a clothing, department, or big box store. It is honestly so bad I've had a few anxiety attacks, and now when I have to go buy things I take Caleb with me, which really helps. I think it's the anxiety over spending money. I don't have it at thrift stores because that's where I spent most of my life shopping, but with Caleb with me in the retail stores it's like he's helping me make the decision on what to buy so I don't feel anxious.

6. I like the sound of people chewing gum. I know a lot of people hate it, but I love it. It relaxes me, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Also the sound of pages turning in a book or magazine. Love it. My favorite place to be? In library with people chewing gum. hee hee...

7. I'm an anglophile. I love all things British- tv, films, history, (ok maybe not the food...), the UK itself.... you name it. I think it's all the English blood in me.

8. Caleb and I spent a total of about 20 days together in person before we got married (ooh! There's a good one I'll have to expound on sometime... :) ).

9. I don't miss bunny. I barely even think of him. When I think about that I get a twinge of regret, but then that passes, too. It was the right timing for sure.

10. I was studying to convert to Judaism before I became a Christian. That's something else I'll have to expound on sometime... :)
I would like to pass this Honest Scrap award on to these blogs (all of which are linked on my right sidebar):
Tara in the ATL
Socks are NOT the enemy
Breathing Grace
Oh look a Duck
Love at Home
Her Southern Charm
Walking on Sunshine
Ladies, you don't have to take part in the MeMe if you don't feel up to it, but just so you know I appreciate the honesty in your blogs.
Blessings and thanks again, Angela!

9 comments:

Sarah D. said...

COngrats on the awards!

50s Housewife said...

Off topic, but just want to say thanks so much for your prayers for my son. Yes, he is headed to Camp Lejeune. I've visited him there before and it is just a beautiful state.

Angela said...

This was SO interesting. I love Father Knows Best also.

I've always loved your honesty and your heart to be a homemaker. You sharpen me and point me to Jesus all the time through your posts.

As for the blue bins, I know Walmart sells them but they are SO expensive. I am not sure if you got in the mail that paper that tells you when you pick ups are, and it has a calender. It also has a number too so you can call.Try this number and see if they can direct you 1-800-594-5542
((hugs)) thanks for blessing me too.

Angela said...

Hey girl, here is my email, free_spirit103@hotmail.com Give me a 'buzz' and we can 'chat'. Was going to ask if your comfortable with me having your phone number but I would love to chat on the phone with you, and even pray with ya too.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Thanks for the award!! I didn't even realize you never posted the first one I gave you!! I might do the MeMe part, not sure. I did quite a few of them last week and I think you all in blogging world might be a little sick of learning about me!!! I can hear the cries already, "Enough, enough, we don't want to know EVERYTHING!" Anyway, I will post your award later in the day. I'm fighting tremendous pain today and need to lay down, oh after I head out to the hospital to pick up an MRI, then to church for our lady's meeting, etc. Thanks again!!!!

OhLookADuck said...

Wow, thanks for the award and congratulations on your well deserved ones!

I just spent today watching Casablanca with my four kids, (ages 11-15) since we are doing a unit study on Morocco. I had forgotten what a fantastic movie that was.

Your list was so interesting, and yes, please do expand on those two topics!

Thanks again,
Karen

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

Thanks, Nicole. It means a lot. I so enjoy your feedback and I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog.

You mean a liberal like you doesn't recycle faithfully? ;-)

Armchair Housewife said...

LOL! I am still laughing, Terry... touche. :)

The Southern Housewife said...

So so sweet! Thanks for the award! :)