Monday, January 12, 2009

Blogger Ladies, I need your help!


Just poking my head in, having just enough time to catch up on reading the blogroll and checking my messages. Thanks so much for your supportive comments, ladies,a nd your thoughts and prayers for me at this busy time. It means so much!

Wondering if any of you with great blogs can help me? I see that many of you have blogger blogs but somehow manage to have "page elements" on both sides of your post texts. I can only get the page elements to go the right of my blog posts, and when I have looked at the available templates, they all seem to have page elements available only on one side of the page.

So, could some of you be help me to me and tell me how you manage to get page elements (by which of course I mean any widget you have, be in a link or a picutre or whatever) on BOTH sides of the text box? That would be splendid, thank you!

And the house sitting goes well. We love spending time with Caleb's younger brother, Jamin, he's a great kid (17, but I'm so old now that's a kid!) and his younger sister Beth, who has an apartment downstairs, sticks her head in from time to time, too. We went to IKEA yesterday and I spent a few hours coveting (bad!) but used our gift certificates from Christmas to get new silverware, a new non-Christmas Apron, and some other household goodies (good!).

I'm following all your blog posts, ladies, even if I don't have time to comment. Love to you all!

8 comments:

Erin said...

I think it has to do with what template you pick to set up your blog. Mine only has extras on the right side, too!

I miss IKEA...whaaaaa!

Mary Jane Liegl said...

I do not know how to change from a 2 column blog to a 3 column blog, but I can give you the site where I got my 3 column blog template and a site the explains where to edit your HTML on your blog.

Blogcrowds
http://www.blogcrowds.com/resources/blogger_template.php/3_column/2


Blogger Tips and Tricks
http://blogger-tricks.blogspot.com/search/label/3%20column%20templates

I hope this helps

Changing your template might involve exporting your old blog and importing it into the new blog. However, you cannot rely on me for that…I do not know much about it and am too impatient in reading about it.

I hope you hear back from someone who actually knows about this stuff.

Angela said...

I believe it is the template. Usually those that have both sides have had a make over blog done by someone. I'm having someone make over mine. I quite excited about it...

I have NO wisdom on fixing my own blog but if you have the know how,,go for it girl!!

OhLookADuck said...

That's exactly right about getting another template. I had Dawniy teach me that but she ended up putting it together for me. You can look through tons of lovely templates, but you are really just looking at the layouts (three columns like you mentioned or whatever else you want), then you can change things around, choose your own colors, etc. It is great fun (when it works)!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Well I have no clue, but I agree with everyone else, it has to do with the template you choose. Glad you're enjoying watching the house and Caleb's brother. Enjoy your week!! I'm going to check out that site listed above!

Nana 2 four said...

It has to do with your template. You can choose the ones that have both side. I prefer the one-sided ones myself. I am not really "blog savy" if you know what I mean!

In Him,
Beth

Mary Jane Liegl said...

I know all about those dream rooms…I find them full of wonderful furniture I never knew I had. I also have dreams of opening a cupboard and finding china bowls, platters, vases, teapots, and such, which I forgot I had.
Thanks for visiting!

Armchair Housewife said...

Thanks so much, ladies, for all the tips, that was great! I guess I'll just have to decide if I want it badly enough to change my template. I don't think I do.. so I'll probably just have to be a "one sided" blogger gal. :)

Thanks!