Friday, January 16, 2009

2008 in Review


I saw this questionarre over at Walking on Sunshine, and I thought I'd love to do this. I've been wanting to do a "year in review" for 2008 on this blog for posterity but haven't really had the time or the brain space to devote to thinking up a way to do it. Well, here is one.

I would just LOVE if you blog friends would do this as well.. it would be a good way to help me get to know you better. Just leave a comment if you're doing it. Also, if you don't have a blog, you could just answer these in the comments by just putting the number and then your answer.

And thank you all for your encouragement on Think Thin Thursdays; I am very encouraged. :)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Held my nephew, went to Florida, bought a dog, went on vacation with just my hubby, looked for a church.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm usually opposed to NY Resolutions on principle... I'd rather make a resolution a different day. :)

3. Did anyone close to you die? A friend of mine from church was killed by her husband, and on a much less grevious note my rabbit died.

4. What countries did you visit? The US (New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Florida), Canada (Ontario), and Bermuda

5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A small butt and a better walk with the Lord.

6. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 10, 2008: The day my nephew was born. Mid-December: When my nephew cam home from the hospital Election day: despite my feelings about Obama's stance on abortion, I was still moved and excited to see this change in politics, and couldn't help but be moved by history being made. Day we bought Stuart: our little maltese, at the end of April.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being a better housekeeper (by no means perfect, but better)

8. What was your biggest failure? Gaining weight and not abiding in Christ

9. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, praise the Lord!

10. What was the best thing you bought? Tie: The Christmas Tree for my nephew's hospital room with my home-made ornaments on them, and our dog Stuart.

11. Where did most of your money go? Rent, food, GAS! Hello!, Caleb's business start up costs, Vacation to Bermuda, Trips to visit family, Stuart and Bunny vet bills, DVDs!!!

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Devon being born, getting Stuart, my trip to visit my aunt in Florida, Caleb's business starting and doing so well

13. What song will always remind you of 2008? "A change is gonna come" by Sam Cooke

14. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? I am...happier and fatter (so not so happy about being fat, but overall...)

15. What do you wish you’d done more of? Work out! Be at home, praying and reading God's word.

16. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating and sitting.

17. What was your favorite TV program? Lost, Battlestar Gallactica, The Prisoner, Fringe

18. What was the best book you read? The Brothers Karamzov (still haven't finsihed it, but it is so good!)

19. What did you want and not get? Pregnant. haha... :)

20. What did you do on your birthday? Forgot it. Honestly... I got up, went to church, came home and found a message on my machine from my dad wishing me a happy birthday. Caleb and I looked at eachother and went, "It's MY/YOUR Birthday!!!" We are totally useless about birhtdays. Then he took me out to chapters and bought me a latte and a book... so it was a good one. :)

21. What one thing would has made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to be home more, not having my family so far away, and not being so darned fat.

22. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Ha! Trying to find something to fit my ever-expanded booty.

23. What kept you sane? The grace of God, making more time at home, the love of my husband, and honestly, cuddles from my dog stuart

24. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy? As in have a crush on? I thought the actor who plays peter petrelli on Heroes was pretty cute. I was probably most interested in Obama, though, if that's what it means.

25. Who did you miss? My immediate family, my nephew, and my Aunts Sue and Sheila.

26. Who was the best new person you met? Devon! He's such a little trooper and I love him to pieces. And if dogs count, gotta be Stuart. :)

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. That God really did design roles in marriage, for a purpose. That I am happiest when I am home, that loving sacrificially does lead to more joy and peace than pushing for your own personal desires, and that miracles do happen.

3 comments:

Mary Jane Liegl said...

I cannot read this just now, because my daughter wants the computer...will be back later.

I DO want to tell you that I really like the image posted here.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love it! Thanks for playing along. I think it puts a lot of things into prospective! Enjoy TONIGHT...Battlestar!! I'm such a nerd!

Mary Jane Liegl said...

Amen, item #27 was a great way to finish this post!