Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Surgery Success and Livingroom Nightmare

Thank you, ladies, for prayers for Devon. His surgery went very quickly today and was a success. They were not able to tighten the opening into the stomach as much as they had planned, as little devon's stomach is still so small from not being used, but they were still happy with the amount they were able to tighten the opening. he is recovering in the ICU but they were able to take his brething tube out and he's breathing fine on his own. The surgeon said she couldn't see why Devon wouldn't be able to be home for Christmas, and for a mom that's been living with her baby at a hospital since July, that was the best thing Ashley could have ever heard. Of course, there's no way to put a timeline on these things, but the Christmas miracle i am praying for this year is devon's quick recovery and that he can celebrate his first Christmas at home with his parents.

I won't be blogging more today becuase I am in the process of moving every single belonging from one place to another in my living room about five times each. We were gifted a lovely upright piano from Caleb's parents (they spoil us rotten) and in finding a place for it, I have had to move and remove everything a million times (including the stacks of books and dvds) to figure it out. Caleb finally finished nailing the shelves in place a few minutes ago, and i am stopping just long enough to finish this post and order a pizza, and then I'm right back in there to put my tornado-struck livingroom back in order. You know I'm in a hurry when I don't even take the time to post a picture. Yikes.

See you soon, though, with lots of fun stuff to blog about. I promise!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm so glad Devon's surgery went well today. What a blessing for you and your family.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You asked about the best way to get a copy of my book, Queen of the Castle. You can definitely get it from amazon.com or christianbook.com. (You can read a sample chapter at christianbook.com, too.) I always love it when people order it at their local Barnes & Noble or Christian bookstore, because my hope is that maybe the stores will order more than one copy and actually stock it on their shelves :). Thanks for asking, and I hope the book is a blessing to you.

Oh, you might also enjoy this article that I wrote about the elusive joys of housework :). It sounds like we are kindred spirits. http://www.christianitytoday.com/tcw/2004/marapr/10.68.html

Lynn said...

Oops, that last link got cut off. Try again:

www.christianitytoday.com/tcw/2004/marapr/
10.68.html

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing that Devon is doing so well after the surgery. Dear little guy!

And what a gift that he will very likely be home for Christmas. Praying for an excellent recovery.

Hope the livingroom looks excellent when all is said and done. You didn't say if you were getting your Christmas stuff out...? Is anyone in for a really, really big mess?! Hope you don't have to "re" move the piano to put up the tree :)

Love Mom Mueller

LadyLydiaSpeaks said...

thanks so much for posting and bringing an interesting discussion. My husband and I were married in Calgary in the 1970s and one of of children was born there.

the voice of melody said...

What a blessing it would be to have him home by Christmas! So glad to hear the surgery went well.

Many sweet blessings!

Armchair Housewife said...

Thank you ladies, all of you, for your well-wishes, prayers ,and encouragement. It means so much!