Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Please Pray for Devon

Many of you may have noticed that I have a second blog, "Aunt Nikki's Journal", which is chronicling the journey of my nephew Devon, who was born this July with gastroschysis, which is when the intestines develop outside of the body. It has been quite a journey, and we have seen God's hand at every turn.



Tomorrow, Wednesday the 3rd, Devon will be undergoing a surgery that will, Lord willing, create a new opening from his esophagus into his stomach. While Devon's intestines have been working wonderfully, he ha suffered from terrible acid reflux and as such is unable to receive food directly into his stomach (right now his formula is delivered via a tube directly into his intestines). Until this is repaired he cannot leave the Philadelphia Children's Hospital, which is were he has been since shortly after his birth.

Below is a sideshow from pictures taken earlier this month. I will have new pictures from Thanksgiving on the other blog soon, but I wanted to post this so that any and all who might stop in today and tomorrow would lift up my nephew in prayer. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors, for the surgery to be a success and for fast recovery, and that my sister and her boyfriend will see the Lord's hand at work.

Thank you, sisters! More blogging soon!

4 comments:

Molly said...

My Cousins son had that too. He is now 16 years old and doing great!

Molly said...

I will be praying!

Armchair Housewife said...

Molly,
Thank you so much for the comment, I looooove hearing stories of gastroschysis babies that are doing fine now. That blessed my day, thanks!

FreeMommie said...

I've seen God work miracle with babies who's development went awry. I will pray for such for your nephew and family. God bless and stay hopeful! :)