Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feeling Squirrely

Well, ladies, 60 hand-traced and cut squirrel cookies and about five hours of sleep later, I'm feeling a bit nutty today. I laughed so hard at some of the comments about what would I need squirrel-shaped cookies for. I realize now that must have sounded pretty odd. :)

My husband owns a freelance graphic design business, called Blank Squirrel Graphics. He started his own music label a couple of years ago to put out his own album after the record label he had been with went under, and he named it Blank Squirrel Musics. When he went to work for himself last year as a designer, he kept the company name. Don't ask me what it means, he won't tell me or anyone else. The closest thing I've gotten from him is, "it's from a lyric from a song I haven't written". Artists.

So, for Christmas he wanted squirrel-shaped cookies that looked like his logo, which is the squirrel above. I made simple roll-out sugar cookies and used a little red MnM for the eye. They look pretty cute; I took a picture with my old-school disposable camera and I'll include it with the pictures of te decorations sometime this week.

I better quit blogging on company time here and get to work. :)

5 comments:

Lianne said...

I am glad that your hubby doesn't run a taxidermy business--or *gulp*--a restaurant!

(I live in Alabama. These are legitimate concerns here! LOL!)

I can't wait to see the pics!

Angela said...

Looking foward to seeing the pics. That was so thoughtful of you to make those cookies for hubby!! What a Proverbs 31 Woman you are..((hugs))

Armchair Housewife said...

Thanks, ladies! Lianne, you made me *laugh*! And you don't have to be in Alabama to eat squirrels.. my boyfriend from college, and upstate New York boy, used to shoot them and eat them any time. You don't have to be southern to be a redneck.. ahem... :)

Angela, you couldn't have complimented me more than to call me a Proverbs 31 girl! Made my week, thanks!

OhLookADuck said...

I think you should get an early Christmas present so you can get pictures of those so original cookies. Where do I sign the petition?

That's *so* creative!

Nana 2 four said...

You are MAKING squirrel cookies? You're a much better woman than I am! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of these cookies...