Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter Comes to Spring Street

Caleb and I enjoyed a beautiful walk in the soft, falling snow last night, stopping to kiss under the Christmas lights more than once. :) I woke this morning to a winter wonderland, and thought I would share, especially for those of you who live in warmer climates and miss the beauty of winter.

"He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes" -Pslam 147:16

"He says to the snow, 'Fall on the Earth', and to the rainshower, 'Be a mighty downpour'" -Job 37:6


"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:8

4 comments:

Jane P said...

Oh, I so miss winter weather! It's jacket and scarf season in Mexico City -- at 7000 feet above sea level, it's no Cancun -- but it doesn't snow. Thanks for the pics!!!!

Armchair Housewife said...

Jane, how is the pollution in Mexico city these days? Has it gotten any better? Does it affect you?

Jane P said...

Depends on where you live and work. Mexico City is in a valley; the pollution is far worse at lower altitudes, such as the city center or industrial areas, than in the communities located up on the windy western slopes. Also, there are more old cars in the center than the outskirts, which add to the air quality problem at the bottom of the valley. As for the pollution's effect on me, oddly enough, my asthma has vanished since we moved here due to the city's dry climate - humidity is one my triggers. My husband never got another sinus infection since being transferred. Seems weird, recommending one of the most polluted cities in the world as an allergy/asthma/sinus cure, huh?

the voice of melody said...

Oh, those pictures are postcard-ready! What a lovely landscape and I enjoyed those beautiful verses you added.

Your pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread from the previous post look delicious. I'd love to have a slice of both!

Many sweet blessings!