Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Armchair Recipes

I want to start posting recipes, but i don't want to take up the space on this blog to do so, so I have decided to create a complimentary blog to this one, all for recipes and cooking tips. But you won't have to add that blog to your blog roll or remember to check it, because I will post here at Armchair Housewife a picture of any item i am detialing over at the recipe blog, and if it looks enticing, all you'll have to do is click on the picture and you'll be redirected to the entry on that item. And, if you get curious about older recipes, you can simply click on "Armchair Recipes" on the right hand side.

Be advised that I am no gourmet. Just as I am working at being a better housewife, I am working at being a better cook. i will say that I think I am more naturally inclined to good cookery than overall housewifery, however, and you just might find something you like over at Armchair Recipes. I have no doubt, howeer, that there could easily be a 'confessionals' section over there, too, to chronicle my disasters.

There will be more to come, but below are the first entries in my recipe collection:

Asian Steak and Vegetable Kabobs

Whole Chicken I: Boiling the Bird

Whole Chicken II: The Broth

Soda Alternatives

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love following your blog. Your pictures are perfectly 1950s. I remember the aprons, the arborite covered tables, the shoes and white sock. Your 50s friend Mary

Armchair Housewife said...

Mary,

Thanks for the compliment! I am assuming this is Mary H? You know, I need you to email me the like to YOUR blog. You know the email address..

Thanks so muh for stopping by. Be sure to check out the recipes and leave tips. I need them!

Lynn said...

I have found so many great homemaking blogs lately, and now I've just discovered yours! The Asian steak and vegetable kabobs pictures looks delicious. Now I'm going to click over to your recipe page. Thanks for sharing -- I love trying new recipes :)

Armchair Housewife said...

Lynn,

Thanks for stopping by, I see you have a recipe blog. Hmm.. that's a little intimidating to have you checking out my recipes... they are probably not to you standard! :)

But, I hope you'll stop by and in all honesty give me tips and feedback on how to be a better cook.

Blessings!

-Nicole

Jane P said...

Congrats on getting the recipe blog up and going! What a coincidence -- I was making serrano chile sauce yesterday and thinking, "Gotta keep track of the amounts, I'm sending this to Nicole." Should I post the recipe as a comment or would you prefer that I email it to you?

Armchair Housewife said...

Oh jane, that's a great idea! I have a "junk" email that I will put up here, and then I'll respond to you from my real email so you'll have it for future reference. Just post a comment when you've emailed me so I know to go look. Any recipes you want to send please do and I'll post them (and won't take the credit, even!) And if you have a picture, even better! Thanks for taking part!

nycce2@yahoo.com

Lynn said...

Hi Nicole,

Please don't be intimidated because I have a recipe blog. I'm just someone who likes to poke around in the kitchen, and I love to try new recipes. I have a posted section called "flops" because I have my share of those, too ;) I've already learned from you, about chicken broth. Didn't ever think about using it for anything other than soup. You have great ideas :)

Armchair Housewife said...

Awwww! Thanks, lynne! Talk about some great encouragement. :)

and i plan to use your icecream pie idea soon, even if it is winter, because I know Caleb will love it.

OhLookADuck said...

Hey Nicole,
I was hoping you'd have an email address to keep track of our morning devotions and poof! here you posted one! I'll use that if you don't mind. It will keep us from having to go back and forth looking in all the comments sections and possibly missing each other.

Karen

Armchair Housewife said...

Sounds good!

FreeMommie said...

Great idea Nicole! I am so excited to follow your cooking adventures!

Armchair Housewife said...

Aww, FreeMommie, you're the best! And you put my comments above ten on one post! Granted, half of them are me... but hey, who's counting! :)

Thanks for contributing!