Monday, October 20, 2008

Welcome, Jack Charles!!

My dearest friend Sarah (and my only "friend" according my sidebar) and her husband Michael are celebrating the arrival of their first child this week. Jack was born October 13th, 2008 at 11:45am and came into this world weighing 6 pounds 7 ounces. He was a little early, and mom had to have a C-section, but all is well with both mom and baby boy and they are home now.


Sarah, you have been my best friend for I don't want to count how many years now, and I am so excited for you and Michael at this precious moment in time. You are going to be a wonderful mother, and I knew the minute I met Michael that he was the most amazing guy, and he has been a perfect husband and now I know a doting father. Your little boy is beautiful, and I can't *wait* to get my arms around my little Baby Baggins in just 14 days from now (but who's counting?)!


Jack will always have a prayer warrior in his corner, his Auntie Nikki, praying he will live a long life that is honoring and pleasing, and blessed by, the Lord.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. -Psalm 139:13-16

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome baby Jack! What an amazing lady your mom is, to be on here blogging in between caring for you!

Welcome little fella!

Laurie

Armchair Housewife said...

She is amazing,and always has been, even before Jack's arrival, but I'm thinking her amazing quotient is going to go up now that she's a mom. :)

Armchair Housewife said...

Sarah,
I really hope the other Laurie is Calebs Mom.I am as always way behind on getting to the important things in life. He is ofcourse just beautiful or should I say handsome. But with the handsome couple he has for parents it is not surprizing. I have no doubt that with the bond that you and Nicole have I will have the honor of someday meeting him. Enjoy every moment, even when you think there is no sleep in sight. There are many things in life that will give you JOY, but none like that which you will recieve from Jack. Even when your an old lady like me nothing will compare. Congradulations to you, your family, and most of all Jack, for I'm sure he will someday thank god for being born to you both.
Laurie 9Nicoles mom)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Congrats sara and michael! Hes beautiful. You had a csection too huh? No fun! i felt like i was never going to heal. But hopefully all is well with the 3 of you. Oh and thiank you so much for the hat you sent us, Devon liked it,(he told me). Ok good luck!

Ashley, Ron and Devon

Armchair Housewife said...

Awww! I love all these sweet posts! Ok, I need to go steal a baby so I can get in on this gushy-lovey stuff! Be right back.... ;)

Sarah D. said...

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement!! It really means a lot, especially during this first week home when everything is crazy and we're wondering if we're doing anything right.